World Animal Day - a special opportunity for everyone who cares about animals
Would you like to contribute towards making the world a kinder, more compassionate place?
Would you like to raise global awareness of an animal-related issue that concerns you?
Or perhaps you'd like to fundraise for a local animal welfare organisation or charity that's doing great work?
World Animal Day on October 4th is your chance to make a difference!
If you are reading this it’s because you are a compassionate person who loves animals, but you might also have very little free time and find the idea of organising an event rather daunting. This section of the website includes plenty of ideas and guides you through getting organised and gaining publicity. Many of the ideas are relatively easy and quick to organise, however, for those who want to be more adventurous, there are also some that require a little more time and effort - but with some keen helpers on board anything is possible. The sky’s the limit!
It’s not the size of your event that matters, it’s getting involved that’s important.
3 Steps to World Animal Day
One thing is certain, once you decide that you want to hold an event for World Animal Day, the months will pass like days! So it’s important to create your plans early. Before you do anything, please take some time to wander around this website and check out some of the activities that groups have undertaken around the world in previous years.
Not sure how to get involved? Don’t worry, we’ve got plenty of ideas to start you thinking!
Suggested guidelines to help you plan for a successful World Animal Day.
Step 3 - Get Publicity
- Add your event to the Online Global Diary. Click on link or click on the green '+Add Event' buttons which are on the 'Home' and 'Events' pages. It’s quick and easy – just follow the simple steps and upload some images but you need to register to use the website first. Click here to register
You can amend your entry at any time and, after the event has taken place please update it with a report about how it went and add a selection of images taken during your event.
- Send a press release to local newspapers, radio stations, clubs, community groups, and anyone else you can think of who will be able to help you publicise your event.
- Secure media interviews and editorial in newspapers to talk about World Animal Day and its Mission to raise the status of animals.
- Contact the editor of community newsletters and ask them to include information about your event.
- Please include the World Animal Day logo at every opportunity during the promotion of your World Animal Day event - you'll find it in 'Resources'.
- Don't forget to take photographs during your World Animal Day event and upload them with a report as soon as you can after your event has taken place to show the world what you have achieved for the animals and inspire others.