World Animal Day - a special opportunity for everyone who cares about animals
The World Animal Day movement gains momentum each year!
Below are links to our most popular tweets:
- RT’d by Ricky Gervais: https://twitter.com/worldanimalday/status/782968570221395968
- RT’d by Wil Anderson: https://twitter.com/worldanimalday/status/783055551525711872
- Article written by Marc Bekoff: https://twitter.com/worldanimalday/status/782930774840471552
- Selfie sent in by a supporter: https://twitter.com/worldanimalday/status/783072959816663040
- Generic message: https://twitter.com/worldanimalday/status/782989347742253056
Click here to view just a few links to articles but the list is endless!
In Italy, during the opening ceremony of a 4-day celebration in Trieste, Alicia Andrews, Italy’s first Ambassador was introduced by Anita Euschen, our Croatian Ambassador. Here are a couple of media articles about the event and Alicia’s appointment.
In Egypt, Amina Abaza (Ambassador) was appointed the Minister for Animal Rights and Environment in the new Women's Egyptian Government, a new ministry that was formed by Dr Ghada el Wakil, and on World Animal Day they submitted a model animal welfare act to the Egyptian Government.
In South Africa, Funda Nenja organised a march through the township of Mpophomeni in Kwa Zulu Natal to draw the community's attention to the value of animals in our lives and the need for humane treatment of them. You can view a video of the march on the following page: http://www.worldanimalday.org.uk/events/view/world-animal-day-march
Click here to access links to view some of the inspiring events that took place around the world in celebration of World Animal Day 2016.
Building the celebration of World Animal Day unites the animal welfare movement, mobilising it into a global force for change. Through increased awareness and education we can make this world a fairer place for all creatures great and small. A world where they are always recognised as sentient beings and full regard is always paid to their welfare.