What is a World Animal Day Ambassador?
World Animal Day Ambassadors help unite the animal welfare movement, motivating people to take action NOW and create a better future for animals.
Our wonderful team of Ambassadors is made up of volunteers, who carry out two primary roles:
- Raising awareness for the World Animal Day movement and its mission.
- Encouraging event organisers. Whether it be animal welfare organisations, community groups, youth and children’s clubs, businesses, and individual people, our Ambassadors mobilise event organisers in celebration of this special day.
Who are they?
Most Ambassadors are people who hold key roles within animal welfare organisations and, therefore, benefit from the support of their colleagues.
Use our interactive map to find out more about an Ambassador near you and the work they do for animals in your area.
What do Ambassadors do?
We encourage Ambassadors to perform the following tasks throughout the year:
Contact organisations, schools, groups, clubs, sanctuaries and individuals to encourage them to organise events in celebration of World Animal Day, on or around October 4 (including non-animal related groups such as Guides, Scouts, and other community groups).
Contact animal-related websites and encourage them to help promote and spread the message about the World Animal Day movement. Engage with the official World Animal Day social media channels.
Helping to generate media coverage – pitching articles to newspapers, magazines, radio and television leading up to October 4 to maximise media attention, generate noise and, in turn, increase involvement in celebrations.
HOST an event themselves!
Organise and host your own event to celebrate World Animal Day. Head to our handy resources page for more information and tools to support you.
Hear from the Ambassadors
Where are our Ambassadors?
In 2007, we launched our voluntary Ambassador programme and began on the journey to appoint at least one Ambassador in every country.
We currently have a team of over 90 Ambassadors in more than 70 countries.
We are so proud of our family of voluntary Ambassadors who are actively introducing World Animal Day in many countries around the world, connecting millions of animal advocates and successfully uniting the animal welfare movement in celebration of this special day.
Do you want to be a World Animal Day Ambassador? We’ve got what you need!
We aim to support our Ambassadors as much as possible and are always here to support you on your mission.
We have numerous resources that can help you or your contacts to plan events or grow in your role as a World Animal Day Ambassador.
See Resources for event ideas, information, or a World Animal Day logo in your native language!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can’t find what you’re looking for.
Download our handy Ambassador pack here!
Who is eligible to apply to become a World Animal Day ambassador?
- work (paid or unpaid) for a registered, not-for-profit, non-governmental animal welfare organisation
- have organised at least one successful World Animal Day event, prior to applying to becoming an ambassador
- have an enthusiastic attitude
- be able to motivate others
- understand that the role is unpaid
- (In some situations, when we are not already aware of your work, applicants may be asked to provide two references.)
If that sounds like you, we can’t wait to hear from you.