The charitable objects of FAWCAM are to promote kindness or suppress cruelty to animals and to do all such lawful acts as the FAWCAM may consider to be conducive or incidental to the attainment of these objectives.
- The FAWCAM, as a charity, will by all lawful means, prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals.
- The FAWCAM intends to achieve its mission by: i) Effecting strong branch, divisional and regional operations dedicated to providing a public service delivering relief of animals suffering and enforcing the law; ii) Working tirelessly to reduce the harmful impact of human activities on animals through education, campaigning and the application of ethics, science and law; iii) The FAWCAM vision: is to work for a world in which all humans respect and live in harmony with all members of the animal kingdom.
OVERVIEW OF ACTIVITIES UNDERTAKEN:
Promotion of kindness and the prevention or suppression of cruelty to all animals and encouraging responsible ownership of companion animals. Campaigning at every opportunity for better treatment of animals and animal welfare legislation in Cameroon. Lobbying for the introduction of animal welfare issues in to be included in the school curriculum at all levels.
Providing animal welfare services such as:
- Vaccination of dogs/cats for rabies;
- Surgical removal/treatment of venereal granuloma in dogs;
- Deworming of dogs and cats with broad-spectrum anthelmintic combination;
- Treating wounds in dogs inflicted during fights for territory and mating partners;
- Neutering dogs and cats.
Administering free rabies vaccinations to dogs
Lecturing on Bird Flu