World Animal Day - a special opportunity for everyone who cares about animals
Donate to help power World Animal Day
World Animal Day is a unique movement that goes beyond the name of an organisation, a country, or even an animal welfare issue, it's a global force for change. World Animal Day mobilises people for action now for a better future for animals. Behind the World Animal Day logo are the people who are making a difference for animals in all corners of the world, very often working in dire conditions and operating on a shoestring. So please consider supporting this movement for the sake of the animals with whom we share this planet.
Please click the below link to donate now via Paypal.
A few examples of what celebrating World Animal Day has already achieved:
- The Society for the Protection of Animal Rights in Egypt has used World Animal Day as an opportunity to strike up dialogue with Cairo University with the aim of improving animal welfare standards within the Faculty for Veterinary Medicine.
- Animals Lebanon has encouraged the country’s Ministry of the Environment to get involved with World Animal Day celebrations each year.
- The Sudanese Animal Care and Environmental Organisation’s greatest achievement is the introduction of animal protection legislation by the Sudanese parliament. Much of the work to achieve this magnificent goal is attributed to increased awareness of animal welfare issues brought about by World Animal Day.
- Amina Abaza, who heads the Society for the Protection of Animal Rights in Egypt, has used World Animal Day to successfully lobby for the addition of a clause about animal welfare in the new Egyptian Constitution.
- In Colombia, Paulina Pulgarin of AnimaNaturalis is very proud to have achieved a Municipal Resolution that requires the Secretariat of the Environment the Secretariat of Civic Culture to commemorate World Animal Day each year, which is helping tremendously to raise awareness among citizens about the ethical treatment of animals.