IFAW Animal Action Week
IFAW’s Animal Action Week is celebrated the first full week of October to coincide with World Animal Day as part of IFAW’s global Animal Action Education programme which aims to inspire and empower young people to take action for animals and our shared environment.
Here’s how you can celebrate Animal Action Week!
1. Incorporate animal themes into daily lesson plans.
2. Decorate your hallways or organize an art show with animal-themed works created by your students or group.
3. Ask students about animal welfare and conservation issues that concern them most and develop a service-learning project around these issues.
4. Celebrate animals and nature with a school-wide fair, film screening, theatrical production or multi-media presentations.
5. Help students launch a school recycling campaign to protect the habitat and resources we all share.
6. Build animal homes or create wildlife habitat in your community or on your campus.
7. Partner with a local business or community group to clean-up a local beach, park, water shed or other habitat.
8. Take students on a visit to a local nature preserve, wildlife rescue center or animal shelter.
9. Launch a reading challenge or read-a-thon of your favorite animal-themed fiction to benefit your favorite shelter or animal charity.
10. Get out and move-March for Elephants, Make Tracks for Tigers, Swim for Seals… a sponsored activity can benefit your favorite animals-and is good for you too!
- Organised by: IFAW Animal Action Education Team