March for the Animals in Kenya
In collaboration with other partners and friends, the Africa Network for Animal Welfare (ANAW) conducted two successful Awareness Campaign Marches on World Animal Day, one under the theme Animals Matter and the other Global March For Elephants and Rhinos.
These events benefited from the involvement of organizations such as:
- Organizations under the auspices of Animal Welfare Action Kenya (AWAKE) amongst them Brooke- East Africa, Donkey Sanctuary, Kenya Society for the Protection and Care of Animals, Kenya Veterinary Association, State Department of Veterinary Services,and World Animal Protection
- Kenyans United Against Poaching (KUAPO),
- The Pan African Animal Welfare Alliance (PAAWA), together with other
- WildlifeDirect and a host of other conservation organisations in the Global March for Elephants and Rhinos.
We also conducted an animal clinic that vaccinated dogs, cats and donkeys against rabies and treated animals suffering from various ailments.
The Global March for the Elephants and Rhinos was graced by the Conservation Director, Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources Mr. Stephen Manegene who read the Cabinet Secretary’s Speech, the USA Ambassador in Nairobi Amb. Robert Godec, Kenya Widlife Service Assistant Director Mr Julius Cheptei and conservationist Paula Kahumbu and Jim Nyamu, amongst others. The Animals Matter March was graced by Ms. Joan Magero representing the country’s Director of Veterinary Services and Chief Veterinary Officer.
Thank you once again WAD and all for your inspiration and support towards this auspicious World Animal Day that continues to make a huge difference for animals in Africa and the world at large.
Josphat Ngonyo, Executive Director, Africa Network for Animal Welfare.
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organised by: Josphat Ngonyo