NOAH Conference ‘We are one health’
NOAH’s Conference and lunch ‘We are One Health’ takes place on World Animal Day, 4 October, at the Royal College of Physicians at Regents Park, London. Come and join us!
With this iconic Grade 1 listed venue lending itself to the event’s strong One Health theme, our expert speakers will give big picture insights: each paper will be followed by interactive debate and discussion. With plenty of time for networking, the event will also showcase NOAH’s work on the key priorities for our sector.
The morning will be chaired by Gwyn Jones, Chair of RUMA and AHDB Board member. Speakers include:
- Professor Pete Borriello, Chief Executive Officer, VMD: From a regulatory perspective Prof Borriello will explore a progressive approach for the future of our industry. He will consider the regulatory climate in the UK for innovative products and services for animal health and look at how the UK can take a global lead taking a one health approach on challenges such as AMR.
- Nathan Ward, Business Unit Director, World Panel Division, Kantar: Nathan Ward will review food buying habits in the UK and how they might affect livestock farming in the UK. What should we be prepared for? Pets are proven to be good for society: do trends in pet food buying follow the trends for people? How are pet owners changing?
- Dr Sheuli Porkess, Deputy Chief Scientific Officer, ABPI: Sheuli Porkess will look at the challenges and opportunities we and the human pharmaceutical sector have in common (eg AMR and vaccine hesitancy) and how we can continue to work together for the good of UK people and animals considering synergies for solving problems and driving innovation.
- Carel du Marchie Sarvaas, Executive Director, HealthforAnimals: With a global perspective, Carel du Marchie Sarvaas will highlight areas of synergy between human, animal and public health. He will look at how global, EU and national activities fit together to ensure a consistent approach.
The event will open with registration and networking at 9.30am; with presentations starting at 10.00am and will finish at lunchtime.
The conference will be followed by our first NOAH formal lunch where we will be joined by Professor Jim Al-Khalili OBE, the British theoretical physicist, president of the British Science Association, author and broadcaster.
Lunch will conclude at around 3.30pm.
Tickets are priced at £149 and you can get them by clicking here
The National Office of Animal Health (NOAH) – represents the UK animal health industry. We promote the benefits of safe, effective, quality products and services for the health and welfare of animals.
- Contact Name: Jenny George-Town
- Contact Number: 020 83673131
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: London
- Organised by: NOAH