World Animal Day - a special opportunity for everyone who cares about animals
Wild Welfare Photography Competition
Start Date :September 17, 2020
End Date :October 3, 2020
Time : 12:00 am to 12:00 am
Contact Name:Sarah Blake
Location : Global - London
A UK animal welfare charity is holding an animal themed photography competition in honour of this year's World Animal Day.
Zoo welfare charity Wild Welfare, is running an online photo competition for World Animal Day 2020, which is celebrated on the 4th of October.
The charity is asking budding new photographers, professional wildlife photographers, animal lovers and all those with a keen eye for a striking image, to enter their World Animal Day themed photo competition in support of the day set aside each year for raising the status of animals around the world.
Animal welfare is key, with the charity stipulating that animal welfare must not have been compromised in order to capture any images. Photos must have been taken in an ethical manner, without disturbing any animal or undertaking any unethical practices that cause any animal harm or distress.
Entrants can submit up to three photos in landscape format. A winning image will be chosen by professional equine and wildlife photographer Astrid Harrisson who has sold her work around the world. The winning photograph will be displayed on Wild Welfare's homepage and across the charity's social media channels on World Animal Day.
The Competition Details:
Entries open: 17th September 2020
Entries close: 3rd October 2020
Theme: World Animal Day - Wild Welfare is looking for striking, memorable and unique images depicting exotic species (no pets please) showing interesting behaviours, interacting with their surroundings or a study of the beauty of animals. World Animal Day is a celebration of animals so send us your best shots of your favourite species.
- Photographer must own the copyright to all images entered.
- A maximum of three images per entrant.
- Only submit LANDSCAPE format images.
- High resolution images only.
- Images must not have been digitally manipulated.
- All images must be submitted electronically, ideally in JPEG format.
- In submitting an image, entrants agree that Wild Welfare can use the image across its publications, social media and web channels.
- No pet or domestic animal photos.
- Animal welfare must not have been compromised in any way when taking the image. Images must have been taken in an ethical manner without disturbing any animal or undertaking any unethical practices that cause animal harm or distress.
- To submit, send images to email@example.com with your full name, where the image was taken and a bit of information about the image and yourself.
World Animal Day unites and mobilises the global welfare movement to make the world a better place for all animals. Celebrated in many different ways in every country, irrespective of nationality, religion, faith or political ideology, the day fits with Wild Welfare's own apolitical agenda and compassionate, empathy-based approach to animal welfare.
Wild Welfare hopes to use the competition to raise the profile of wild animal welfare around the world and let people know more about the animals suffering in sub-standard zoos and captive facilities globally and the work they are doing to help ensure all zoos are good zoos.
Listed in Event Continent: Global