World Animal Day - a special opportunity for everyone who cares about animals
Would you like to contribute towards making the world a kinder, more compassionate place?
Would you like to raise global awareness of an animal-related issue?
Or perhaps you'd like to fundraise for a local animal welfare organisation or charity that's doing great work?
World Animal Day on October 4 is your chance to make a difference!
If you are reading this it’s because you love animals, but you might have very little free time and find the idea of organising an event rather daunting. This section of the website includes plenty of ideas and guides you through getting organised and gaining publicity. Many of the ideas are relatively easy and quick to organise, however, for those who want to be more adventurous, there are also some that require a little more time and effort - but with some keen helpers on board anything is possible. The sky’s the limit!
It’s not the size of your event that matters, it’s getting involved that’s important.
4 Steps to World Animal Day
One thing is certain, once you decide that you want to hold a World Animal Day event, the months will pass like days so it’s important to start work on your plans early. Before you do anything, please take some time to wander around this website and check out some of the activities that groups have undertaken around the world in previous years.
- Not sure how to get involved? We have plenty of inspirational ideas for individuals, workplace, community groups, animal welfare groups, youth groups and children's clubs, schools and veterinary surgeries.
- Suggested guidelines to help you plan a successful World Animal Day event.
- Important opportunities to gain media and public attention for your World Animal Day event.
- Please add your event to the website as soon as you start making plans (you'll need at least one image to represent your event).
- You can update the information at any time.
- After your event, please add a post-event summary to tell the world how successful it was and upload some some fabulous images taken on the day.
You can also add a YouTube video if available.