World Animal Day - a special opportunity for everyone who cares about animals
Happy World Animal Day 2017
HOW YOU CAN ‘BE THEIR SOMEONE’…
- If you’re not already connected with us, please reach out to your social media audience about World Animal Day and share our posts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Print a 'Happy World Animal Day' poster, take a selfie and share it on social media. Use our hashtags - #WorldAnimalDay and#October4.
- Boost October 4 on social media by sharing or tweeting our eye-catching flag graphic (other languages are available).
- Most people carry their phones, so ask friends, family and colleagues to help boost World Animal Day on social media!
- Forward this email – please forward this email to at least 5 friends who might not already be familiar with World Animal Day.
- Sign some petitions – many new petitions are created online every day but can YOUR signature really make a difference? Read about some success stories here. You could even start your own petition regarding an animal welfare issue that troubles you.
- Add a pledge to the World Animal Day website. Every pledge makes a difference… what will YOURS be?
- Support our Google doodle campaign – animal lovers around the globe are hugely disappointed that Google has not recognised this important day with a doodle. Please send Google an email
- Make a donation - click here to donate to World Animal Day. Thank you!
- Animals in entertainment and tourism
- Companion animals
- Wild animals
- Farm and working animals
- Marine animals
- Animals used in experiments
It’s never too early to think ahead to October 4, 2018. If you would like to organise an event, there are plenty of ideas, resources and news items on the website to inspire you. You can register here.